BUILDING A DIGITAL FUTURE
Silicon Abbey is a social enterprise building a digital future in Hertfordshire. We do this by working with other digital professionals living and working in the area, schools, colleges and the University of Hertfordshire, the city council, private and community sector organisations.
Our activities include:
- Developing the Silicon Abbey community through networking events and a presence at civic events such as June’s St Albans weekend;
- Digital innovation days aimed at local schools and Oaklands College for students to learn about, and put into practice their digital and entrepreneurial skills;
- Supporting existing and potential digital entrepreneurs through ‘Growth Hacks’ which bring together existing local business support with digital start-ups and SMEs.
- Working with the University of Hertfordshire to support students considering setting up their own digital business, and;
- Collaborating with the city council and community organisations to help develop better public services and build digital capacity.