The Silicon Abbey Pop-up Hub in Clarence Park, St Albans
This summer Silicon Abbey will open their first Pop-up Hub in the Clarence Park Cricket Pavilion. From 1st to 30th July the space will be open to all entrepreneurs, start-ups and anyone interested in setting up their own commercial or social business. There will be free desk space as well as a series of masterclasses and networking events – and all in the tranquil and inspiring environment of Clarence Park and its historic cricket pavilion.
What we’re doing
For one month we are turning the Cricket Pavilion into a co-working space and a community hub for entrepreneurs. Anybody can come in to work (free wifi and coffee provided) and meet interesting people. There will be desk space in the iconic hall and a social area downstairs with a café and a bar. However, we want it to be more than just a shared office, so we are organising a schedule of masterclasses and networking events. Here are some highlights:
- Launch event: Monday, 3rd July – networking and drinks 6pm – 8pm
- FREE Yoga and wellbeing classes
- workshops and talks about marketing, PR, personal & business development
- clinics for social enterprises
- networking evenings with live music
- Friday lightning talks followed by BBQ and drinks
FOR OUR FULL EVENT CALENDAR, PLEASE GO TO OUR EVENTS PAGE
If you want to host your own event at our space, please scroll down for instructions.
Why we’re doing it
We believe that St Albans and its surrounding areas need a space where entrepreneurs and start-ups can come together as a community to support each other. It has long been our ambition to create a co-working space in St Albans that doesn’t just provide office space, but a true hub where anybody can participate and benefit from the skills and knowledge of the local community. This is a test-run and if it goes well we will proceed to phase 2: planning a permanent hub in or near St Albans.
How you can get involved
There are three ways you can get involved:
- Use the co-working space in July – just contact us to reserve your desk space
- Contribute to the programme – if you have an idea what to include in the programme or want to run a session, please let us know
- Become a sponsor – get your logo displayed on our website and our flyers and/or stage or contribute to an event in July
If you are interested in any of the above, just email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07528 920 782. We look forward to hearing from you!
This is our Google Doc Form for events organisers (for scheduled events, please to to our events page):
If you are a contributor and want to book your event, please follow this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ITSVZW1bLqVWRC4hWJ7zo-uOmAEhPh9m_vRcCm8WRhQ/edit?usp=sharing
We are still looking for hosts during July. As a host your responsibility is to welcome any guests and ensure the smooth running of the programme of the day. If you want to sign up, please go to: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ITSVZW1bLqVWRC4hWJ7zo-uOmAEhPh9m_vRcCm8WRhQ/edit?usp=sharing
Here is the schedule so far: